Subject: Re: current: macppc_installboot fails on fs
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@delfi-konsult.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2007 21:13:22
Hi
Den 18/12/2007 kl. 15.44 skrev Izumi Tsutsui:

> nse@delfi-konsult.com wrote:
>
>> I have a small issue with trying to create the extra tools needed for
>> creating a bootable ISO image....
>
> BTW, what's your environment?
I have previously run "build.sh tools" "build.sh distribution" and
"build.sh release" so I reckon all of the environment should be in
place (all build.sh have run successfully....)

>> all ===> macppc_installboot
>> rm -rf fs
>> fs
>> make: exec(fs) failed (No such file or directory)
>> *** Error code 1
>  :
>> tried to google for any hint on this... but have not been successful
>> in finding anything....
and I cannot find any "fs" executable in the "/usr/src" directory ....

> Why don't you check macppc_installboot/Makefile before google?
did so ....
> Your make doesn't set ${HOST_INSTALL_DIR} variable.
correct... but the "extra tools" do  not get run (even considering
this is on a Mac.. the "-m macppc" is implicit right ?)

> Anyway, a possible (but untested) procedure is:
>
> # cd /usr/src
> # sh build.sh -m macppc tools
>  [check makewrapper's path in the log]
> # cd distrib/cdrom
> # [makewrapper's path] RELEASE=current TARGET_CD_IMAGE=macppccd
> DAILY_DIR=200712170002Z fetch
> # [makewrapper's path] RELEASE=current TARGET_CD_IMAGE=macppccd
>
> Note you have to install rsync and mkisofs from pkgsrc etc,
is already installed on the system....
> and building isos in distrib/cdrom is not well tested on
> non NetBSD hosts.
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

regards