Subject: Re: ppcoea-renovation interrupt problems?
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/06/2007 22:06:29
On 06 Sep 2007, at 12:49, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> All you need for a macppc kernel is arch/macppc and arch/powerpc -
> plenty of files were moved, added or deleted so you better clean out
> OBJ and such.
>
>> I tried wiping out my tools and obj directories and updating sys/arch
>> completely to "ppcoea-renovation", but something was still looking for
>> files in "sys/arch/pmppc", which no-longer existed.  Perhaps I should
>> try again.
>
> Hmm, no such problems here.

I don't get to work on this often, so I mis-remembered just what
failed.  It was 'disklabel' while building tools.  In brief, I update
all sources to -current, update sys/arch to "ppcoea-renovation" and
then build.

The gory details are at:

     http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/ppctoolsfail.txt

(Caution:  long lines!)

This happens building both macppc and prep.

As I mentioned before, if I update only sys/arch/[a-oq-z]*ppc,
sys/arch/powerpc, sys/arch/bebox, sys/arch/prep to the "ppcoea-
renovation" tag, leaving sys/arch/pmppc at "-current" so it sticks
around, building everything I'm interested in (short of "release"
on macppc) works, but macppc GENERIC kernel is having problems at
runtime as described previously.

John Klos wrote:

> http://eshop.macsales.com/item/GeeThree/SG4404/
>
> I use these in tons of Macs. They work great.

I went looking for these before but couldn't find anyone admitting
they had any available until seeing this link.  I'll have to see if
they have the versions for B&W G3 and iMac, since those are the
machines I own (but don't have handy).  The G4 is not mine, I just
have it to play with for now, so I can't really justify spending my
own money on it.

--
John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD