Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.1 on B&W G3 freezes during booting at "Root device:"
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Moln=E1r_Gyula?= <baaanana@gmail.com>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/19/2007 15:03:33
On 19/05/07, Moln=E1r Gyula <baaanana@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please help me, i don't know, that what i did wrong:
> I installed netbsd: pdisk, newfs, mount, created directories in /,
> and put the fstab to /etc.
> Then I "upgraded".
> Mounted the filesystem agin, deleted the file 'netbsd' in /, and
> moved your kernel there (netbsd.VINYAMAR), then renamed to 'netbsd'.

Ok, that should be good.  Are you SURE it is booting that kernel
though?  Do you see the

NetBSD 3.1_STABLE (VINYAMAR) #2: Wed Apr 18 09:46:42 EDT 2007
source@vinyamar:/disk2/bsd/Source/builddir/obj.macppc/sys/arch/macppc/compi=
le/VINYAMAR

lines on the console?  Is your root harddrive actually on the first
IDE bus? (I think it's the one closer to the back...) Is the master?

> Then i moved the config file 'VINYAMAR.txt' to /root, and renamed it
> to MYCONFIG (without any extension).
> After restart it frozed agin at the root device line :(

You don't actually need the config file unless you want to rebuild the
kernel from source.

Good luck,
Joe