Subject: BOOTP/BSDP failed: no FILENAME specified open /netbsd
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2007 22:05:37
Hello,

I'm trying to netboot my Mac mini.
I've read and installed everything according to
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.macppc.html

The boot process transfers the ofwboot.xcf but the Mac does not seem to be
able to get the kernel. I'm using the dhcpd options:

        filename                        "ofwboot.xcf";
        next-server                     10.0.0.254;
        option                          root-path
"/home/netboot/netbsd-head/macppc";

My inetd.conf is set as follow:
tftp            dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd
tftpd -l -s /home/netboot

In "/home/netboot" lies the "ofwboot.xcf", a symlink to
"netbsd-head/macppc/netbsd" named "netbsd" and the "netbsd.gz" gzipped
copy of the real netbsd file.

Where is the kernel file supposed to be put ?
In tftpd directory or in the dhcpd's root-path ?

This is a -current from NetBSD-daily.

TIA,
   Jo