Subject: Re: Open Firmware issue....
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/09/2007 16:12:27
--E7i4zwmWs5DOuDSH

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:07:05PM +0200, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Hi guys
> I have a problem with my trusty old Powerbook 3500(Open Firmware =20
> 2.0.1) ....
>=20
> Whenever I reboot the system it stops with a black screen... but =20
> forcing it into Open Firmware I just type "boot" and everything boots =20
> fine....
>=20
> Somewhere there was a hint with
> setenv boot-command " screen" output boot
>=20
> .. and I tried that but still no luck in getting the system to =20
> autoboot (yes! the auto-boot? flag is set to true)
>=20
> Any ideas ??

I believe you should disable auto-boot?.  By having boot-command set, it
already starts booting, I think.  I use a bootmenu I snarfed somewhere
from the mail archives and modified a bit.  You can find it here
ftp://frohike.homeunix.org/other/bootmenu.4th

I don't understand most the code, but you might be able to find the
magic incantation that resets the screen here.

Regards,
Peter
--=20
http://sjamaan.ath.cx