Subject: Re: No sound on Mac mini
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/2007 19:45:52

Hello,

On May 6, 2007, at 18:40, Joel CARNAT wrote:

> On Sun, May 06 2007 - 18:21, Michael Lorenz wrote:
>>
>>  I dug up the relevant changes to radeonfb and snapper, they should
>> show up
>>  in the 4.0 branch pretty soon. Anything else that's broken ( or
>> semi-broken
>>  ) in 4.0 but works in -current?
>>

> OK, I'll wait till tomorrow then cvs, compile a kernel and test ;
> thanks.

Might take longer - pullup requests are processed by the release
engineering team so it depends on time, other pullup requests in the
queue etc.

> I didn't notice much yet... I notice that I can't see my mouse pointer
> when I start a local X (with 4.99.x kernel and 4.0_x userland). The
> mouse seem to work (because I can right-click the desktop and get the
> app menu - in WindowMaker) but I just don't see the pointer itself.
> I'll
> check that better - maybe I just require "SWcursor" in XF86Config.

This is odd - hardware cursor with an RV280 definitely works here ( my
iBook has the same graphics chip )

> Using XDM/XDCMP (from Windows Xming to NetBSD/macppc) ran the whole day
> (with WindowMaker, firefox2, mutt and compiling other things). Another
> thing that I noticed was that when I issued "shutdown -r now" when xdm
> was started, the mini never rebooted. I got a white screen (on the
> LCD),
> lost my SSH session and the FAN started to blow a lot. I waited about
> 30sec then turned it off with the rear power button. According to
> /var/log/messages, the mini froze juste after saying "syslogd:
> restart".
> I think this was only with the 4.0_BETA2 kernel. I'll recheck that and
> report if it's still there after the cvs update.

Might have paniced. Please check if this happens without X running on
the mini ( so you can see eventual panic messages ).

have fun
Michael