Subject: Re: puc based 16550 on macppc?
To: None <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/18/2007 10:58:25
In article <4affc5e0704171200j3fc5dd8fpbde6a45755a75c84@mail.gmail.com> you write:
>Following is the pcictl dump; unfortunately, I do not understand the
>pci magics all that well... anyone here has experience with
>puc-attached serial ports?

Well, I've got one in my 9500 running (ahem)2.1:

puc0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: Lava Computers 2SP-PCI parallel port (lpt)
lpt0 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 24
puc1 at pci0 dev 14 function 1: Lava Computers dual serial port (com, com)
com0 at puc1 port 0: interrupting at irq 24
com0: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at puc1 port 1: interrupting at irq 24
com1: ns16550a, working fifo

As I recall, the serial side of it just worked -- I don't think I've
ever tried the parallel side.

--
Ben Harris