Subject: another xfree questing mac mini
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-15?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <ich@florian-stoehr.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2007 19:55:32
hi,

i've just read the configuration thread of x.

i have to run OSX on my macmini since my dell 2470WFP 1920x1200
does NOT work with X and the macmini's graphics hardware :-(

although this monitor reports DDC information, X will not run.

mac osx works perfectly, so i guess they do "something" with
the ATI on osx ... some different timing perhaps ... (?)

as said, there's osx now on the mini so i don't have my old
configs here.

perhaps someone knows of any tool that reports the current display
timing info on osx? i'm not that familiar with osx utlities.

thanks
flo