Subject: Re: Boot, cpu, testing
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2007 21:14:06
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:21:59 +0100, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
wrote:

>> - Do you want to test something on this machine? (I already know I
>>   have to test radeonfb). The details of the machine are below.
>
> Please mail me the output of dmesg and ofctl -p - I need to verify a few
> things, namely ADB attachment and CPU speed control.

I just got some weird bugs trying to install current.

First the ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools install=/ failed. It said
"Bus error (core dumped)", but the system was then unusable and I couldn't
reboot (freezed at the part "root file system type: ffs", the last line
outputed by the kernel at boot). I had to reinstall sets from my netbsd-4
CD to be able to boot. I'm going to retry the install now.

Next when rebooting later I had a screen with (it seems) a wrong h/vsync,
just after radeonfb is initialized. I couldn't really see much with all
the flickering. Next reboot was OK though.

I'm going to continue testing.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend