Subject: Re: terminal does not reverse, highlight text
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: leon zadorin <leonleon77@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/16/2007 15:33:03
On 2/13/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> > right :-)
> > echo $TERM says
> > xterm-color
> > and doing less on some text file and searching for existing text does
> > not highlight (when running on default kernel build)...
>
> This is strange. Sure, my source tree is full of hacks and unfinished
> work but:
> - - the code that draws characters is identical to the official source
> - - I didn't touch wsdisplay itself
> You do have vt100 and only vt100 emulation support compiled into your
> kernel, do you?

Sorry for late reply - was in the middle of heavy workload (starting
to port video multicasting app from Linux to Windowz whilst still
fixing some bugs in the Linux tree has its time-dissipating
characteristics :-)

yeah - I am resonably sure that I have tested it with the default
GENERIC build, e.g.

# wscons options
#options 	WSEMUL_SUN			# sun terminal emulation
options 	WSEMUL_VT100			# VT100 / VT220 emulation

# Display devices
ofb*	at pci? dev ? function ?	# Generic Open Firmware Framebuffer
# OFB_ENABLE_CACHE speeds up the console on many machines, but should
# not be enabled on some older machines, such as the rev. A-D iMacs or any
# O'Hare based machine that uses external cache like the PowerBook 3400c
#options 	OFB_ENABLE_CACHE	# Speed up console in ofb
#options 	OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB		# Allow X to mmap VGA regs
chipsfb*	at pci?	function ?	# C&T 65550
machfb*		at pci? function ?	# ATI Mach 64, Rage, Rage Pro

radeonfb*	at pci? function ?	# ATI Radeon. R3xx is problematic
options 	RADEONFB_MMAP_BARS	# allow mmap()ing BARs - needed for X

voodoofb*	at pci? function ?	# 3Dfx Voodoo3

# make sure the console display is always wsdisplay0
wsdisplay0	at wsemuldisplaydev? console 1
wsdisplay*	at wsemuldisplaydev?
etc...

I shall redo the test to double-check when I get a spare moment and
then will attach /etc/ttys and config files :-)