Subject: Re: 48 kHz does not work on snapper(4) on NetBSD 3.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2006 21:16:30
Hi,

On 12/15/06, Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu> wrote:
> "Marco Trillo" <marcotrillo@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Do 48 kHz and 32 kHz work for you? In that case, it's sure a problem
> > of the 8 kHz setup. We may need to use 'aurateconv' to simulate 8 kHz
> > support.
>
> At least 32 kHz works as expected.  (I couldn't find a 48 kHz file
> quickly)

You can use the "48000.au" file from my first post -- it should sound
with a higher pitch than the 44100.au version. But of course if 32 khz
works, there is no reason for 48 kHz to not work...

> But I suspect aurateconv is already being used

It shouldn't be used for any of the rates listed as accepted by snapper(4).

> incorrectly.  The sound in the 8 kHz file is fine, except for the
> static.

Actually I think the pitch is not right, according to the tests I
detailed on my previous post. This is clearly another sign of 8000
being not supported.

--

     -Marco