Subject: RE: ofb console problem and some questions
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2006 23:54:35
Hi,

I did some more tests.

I wrote a small program using the kvm library to retrieve the value of
crow. Probably there is already a tool in the system to retrieve
kernel variables, but I didn't find it... :-/

I get a value of 34 which happens to be one too much for my font, I
have 34 lines. So the patch from my previous mail only worked by
chance. If I type some empty lines before booting NetBSD, the console
doesn't work. There is only a line "no active package" written at the
bottom of the screen (in the open firmware font) and nothing else.
crow has a larger value in this case, indicating really the current
row, not, what I initially thought, the total number of rows.

You proposed to use the open firmware font to avoid this problem, but
I would like to have the ability to use different fonts like it is
today.

Why not clear the screen and start from the top? There is already some
commented out code which clears the screen. Why is it disabled?

regards,
chris