Subject: Re: Quick question regarding the GENERIC kernel
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/01/2006 14:56:24
--37umynISzNxy+PmB

Salut,

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:03:18AM -0500, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > Please note that preliminary support for DRI exists, but I didn't have
> > time to port bsd-core DRI yet. My patches were against pre-3.0 NetBSD
> > but should still work on current versions.
>=20
> If you have something that works or can be made to work with=20
> (relatively) little trouble please post patches.

Thanks to the radeonfb driver, this port should be a lot more trivial than
it was initially, but all that I currently find is this:

http://users.bsdprojects.net/~tonnerre/src/kernel/netbsd/drm-netbsd-0.2.dif=
f.bz2

The problem is also that a lot of development had been done on my
workstation at home which is currently broken and needs to get its
mainboard replaced. I only have SCSI computers and my notebook at home
otherwise.

Also, this is still a patch against the old multicore DRM architecture.
The new bsd-core DRI still needs a lot of work, most of which is only
half way done right now.

				Tonnerre

--37umynISzNxy+PmB

--37umynISzNxy+PmB--