Subject: X on PowerMac 9500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: PAC*RAT <pac_rat@cogeco.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/01/2006 13:22:32
I have a PowerMac 9500 that I have recently installed NetBSD on.   I
cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get X working.   I am not
bothering with XFree because I do not want to compile a kernel.   I want
to use Xmacppc for very basic xterm use.   However, when I link X to
Xmacppc and startx, I get the following:

OsVendorInit
kbdtype = 0
mapping frame buffer memory: Invalid argument
Fatal server error:
no screens found
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I have a very basic PowerMac 9500 with an ATI Mach 64 video card.   Is
there something more that I have to do aside from symbolically
linking /usr/X11R6/bin/X to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xmacppc?