Subject: Re: Getting the thing to boot
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/08/2006 09:18:26
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2006, at 10:48, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>
>> 0> boot hd:6,\ofwboot.xcf
>> MAC-PARTS: specifed partition is not valid can't OPEN: hd:6,\ofwboot.xcf
>>
>> Have I messed up somewhere?
>
> I don't think you did.
>
> OF is weird, especially Apple OF. Try boot hd:ofwboot.xcf, with this OF will
> try to load ofwboot.xcf from the first partition it understands.

Gives:
MAC-PARTS: can't find a default partition can't OPEN: hd:ofwboot.xcf

I've two disks here. One I set up the HFS partition with OS X and the
other I did with pdisk (it was previously an OS X HD and I removed some
of the partitions before adding others). The former does work. The only
difference I can see from pdisk is that the non-working one doesn't have
the "Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh" partition. My concern is that I was
overzealous with deleting partitions.

--
Stephen