Subject: Time problems in netbsd-3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/21/2006 12:18:40
Hi,

I just recently updated one of my macppc systems to the latest netbsd-3
kernel and userland, and I'm seeing this on hardware which used to keep
excellent time:

Jun 21 19:07:28 ami ntpd[894]: time reset +2.080034 s
Jun 21 19:07:28 ami ntpd[894]: frequency error 512 PPM exceeds tolerance 500 PPM
Jun 21 19:12:49 ami ntpd[894]: frequency error 512 PPM exceeds tolerance 500 PPM

It's about two seconds ever twenty minutes. Another user of macppc with
netbsd-3 is also seeing the same problem on different hardware.

Does anyone know why this might've just started? This is a machine which
is colocated three thousand miles away or so, so I'm not inclined to do
much testing on that.

Thanks,
John
--
Today is the day that my destiny calls me!
   Meowth