Subject: Re: iNode issues
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: CVD Groups <groups@customvisualdesigns.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/01/2006 13:49:10
Well,

I did as you suggested, but I also clearly did something very wrong all
on my own.  I apparently mistyped something because now everything in
/var is gone except for yp.  The only way to connect to the machine now
is via a ZTerm console as ssh can't find the the files it needs in /var
(or /usr/var as it is now).  So maybe reinstalling is the best idea,
after all.

Assuming that's true, do I just "shutdown -h now" and tell OF to load
from an install CD, or do I go through the process from scratch?

And what about disklabel and newfs?  Are these things I should be
looking into either of these?

Erik