Subject: Re: Installing on a Apple UFS image
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/09/2006 14:20:33
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Hi all,

> With the file system created, I launched qemu again and, when trying to
> mount the file system by doing 'mount /dev/wd0e /mnt', I constantly
> get "incorrect superblock".

> Just to ensure that I got things right, I tried to do the same exact thing but
> creating a FAT file system instead of an UFS one.  And guess what,
> I could mount it correctly in NetBSD after creating it from OS X.
>
> Do you know if this is possible?  Any idea on what may be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
> The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/

Just a guess in the wild. Did you enable endian independand support
in the i386 kernel for FFS?
My guess is that the NetBSD i386 reads the structure LE where it was
written BE by MacOS. The definition of FAT is always LE, so no mis-
understanding between the two worlds.

Does this explain what you are seeing?

Rudi
--