Subject: no nice 3.0 news
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2006 22:12:29
Hey all,

eager to see if 3.0 did some good to my mac (I think I was still runign
2.1 or some 3.0 beta) I just backed up my etc.old and untarred the 3.0
tarballs on my mac. Including the kernel, since I couldn't build one
myself from the sources.

And damn, the mesh scsi driver still goes nuts (timeout state 3,
intr/msk, resetting DMA). So that one was never fixed.

I hope I can reboot the machine safely, use the old kernel on the new
userland and then be able to compile my kernel soon

Ric

PS: Michael, I did not update the xserver pack yet, since I rememebr I
had some custom X from you to get it working on my  Matrox, as well as
some kernel patches. Are both things needed? In case a 3.0 Xserver would
be quite appreciated :)