Subject: error on kernel mnake depend
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2006 19:40:29
Hey all

I was a bit absent lately fron the netbsd ppc scene... I was/am quite
busy. But also the fact that my powermac with netbsd isn't very stable
limits its use.

today I updated the kernel sources and tried to build a new kernel.. who
knows that it didn't get better?

what happens though, after I run a config, is:

make depend
make: "../../../../lib/libkern/../../../../lib/libkern/Makefile.inc"
line 93: Could not find
../../../../lib/libkern/../../../common/lib/libc/Makefile.inc
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/gandalf_generic1

any ideas? did something change?

cheers,

  Riccardo

PS: were there any improvments on the kernel SCSI settings and the X11
server? I remember I needed patches by Michael to get things working
properly and a X11 server by him... I wonder if these are now safely
commited in netbsd. I also wonder how can I know which versiion of
NetBSD I currently have? (not the kernel, which says NetBSD 3.99.7 ) and
in case to what version of netbsd I could upgrade with that kernel
without causing havoc (until I can't compile a more current kernel)