Subject: Re: Mostly Off-topic (Sorry)
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/30/2006 09:43:53
This is interesting, because on MY mac mini under system profiler it
reads:

Matshita DVD-R UJ-845C:

Firmware Revision: 			DPP9
Interconnect: 				ATAPI
Burn Support:				Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache:	 					2048k
Reads DVD:					Yes
CD-Write:					-R, -RW
DVD-Write:					-R, -RW, +R, +RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD:	Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD:Yes
Write Strategies:				CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO

Can you tell me what version of the firmware yours has? I am starting
to believe that maybe what I heard was true and that Apple crippled
the firmware in some of these?

Regards,

Greg