Subject: Sharing data across NetBSD and Mac OS X
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/15/2006 17:35:48
Hi all,

I'm thinking about installing NetBSD (mostly for development
purposes only) on my iBook, alongside Mac OS X.  I would like
to share NetBSD's src and pkgsrc across the both systems,
without having to have multiple checkouts of these trees.

Can Mac OS X read and write to NetBSD's ffs partitions?  This
could allow me to simply access the NetBSD filesystem, where
I'd store src and pkgsrc in /usr, as regular.

If not, can NetBSD read and write to one of those Apple UFS
partitions (so that I'd create a shared partition for the sources)?

Thanks!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/