Subject: No checksum files for the 3.0 release macppc installation directory
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/04/2006 20:35:02
Hi,

I've been having problems booting the 3.0 installation disc (like others on
here), in my case I've succesfully installed 1.6.1 from disc 2 1/2 years
ago, the very same command that worked then doesn't work with the 3.0 disc.

In any case, I was trying to verify the individual integrity of the ofwboot.xcf
file, and noticed that the installation directory for the 3.0 release of macppc
on ftp.netbsd.org does not have any checksum files present.  Thought I'd
mention it.  (Though from what I've seen, 2.1 is the only release that *did*
have checksum files present in the installation directory.)

I've tried the advice suggested on the lists so far, but with no luck.  I'll
send another email if I figure anything out or if I run out of ideas.

Dave