Subject: Re: iBook P1 boot device?
To: None <ball@cyberspace.org, ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2005 14:00:29
Hi,

If you still have the NetBSD install disk you used than you are still good to go.

Get into openfirmware

Put the cd into the drive.

Now it will require some expermentation, but, what you're going to do is
read ofwboot.xcf off of the CD, but tell it to read the kernel off of the hard
drive.  Something like:

boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:12,/netbsd

Now the

cd:,\ofwbtoo.xcf

bit should work with no problem.  What you'll need to play with is
which hd: you need.  There might be a handy way to get a list of partitions
from openfirmware but I don'tknow that command.  In my case (from memory)
my boot command in this situation would be:

boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:9,/netbsd

and this is what I used last time I upgraded when my system would not
reboot because the old ofwboot.xcf wouldn't read the new bigger kernel.

cheers

bruce