Subject: Small presentation and some questions about consoles.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Vieri Verze <vieri.v@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/2005 08:50:55
------=_Part_20242_25360658.1133769055428

Hi guys.
I'm a strong Linux user. I began with Slackware 2.0 and finished to
Gentoo on a PPC.
As many things I know, as many I don't know. :-)
Well, I started using NetBSD. Why?
Because it's a great Unix and I'm agree with it's porting policy.
Through years I reach to install Linux quite everywhere..except my WC.
:-D

So, NetBSD is really wonderful and clear. I found a lot of things in
common with Gentoo's emerge. It's quite obvious they copied the way
NetBSD manage packages. Anyway, well done...it works! :-)
Now I'm doing a pkgsrc update and was thinking how to enable 2-6
virtual terminals.
As I never worked on ttys and wscons, above all.

I want to enable from 1 to 6 with 7 reserved to X (still not installed)
and, maybe, F12 to check lastlog, like Gentoo.
I took a look at faqs and wscons howto. Disaster! ;-P
i.e.: I get a 'no existing terminal ttys02' - Ok, if I check my dev I
find only ttys01, ttysE1...3...7..

I changed with ttysE2 and so on, always following wscons howto but:
'ttys2 repeat too fast' 8-?

Could you write me a good link or where I'm wrong?

--
Vieri&lulu' (Suzuki GSF600N Blue'00)

------=_Part_20242_25360658.1133769055428

Hi guys.<br>
I'm a strong Linux user. I began with Slackware 2.0 and finished to<br>
Gentoo on a PPC.<br>
As many things I know, as many I don't know. :-)<br>
Well, I started using NetBSD. Why?<br>
Because it's a great Unix and I'm agree with it's porting policy.<br>
Through years I reach to install Linux quite everywhere..except my WC.<br>
:-D<br>
So, NetBSD is really wonderful and clear. I found a lot of things in<br>
common with Gentoo's emerge. It's quite obvious they copied the way<br>
NetBSD manage packages. Anyway, well done...it works! :-)<br>
Now I'm doing a pkgsrc update and was thinking how to enable 2-6<br>
virtual terminals.<br>
As I never worked on ttys and wscons, above all.<br>
I want to enable from 1 to 6 with 7 reserved to X (still not installed)<br>
and, maybe, F12 to check lastlog, like Gentoo.<br>
I took a look at faqs and wscons howto. Disaster! ;-P<br>
i.e.: I get a 'no existing terminal ttys02' - Ok, if I check my dev I<br>
find only ttys01, ttysE1...3...7..<br>
I changed with ttysE2 and so on, always following wscons howto but:<br>
'ttys2 repeat too fast' 8-?<br>
Could you write me a good link or where I'm wrong?<br>

------=_Part_20242_25360658.1133769055428--