Subject: Re: Unofficial macppc 2.1 ISO for old world machines
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2005 13:21:18
> I've not noticed such slow ssh connections on my recent builds
> of current on mac68k systems.  Older builds (like say 1.5.3 and 1.6)
> were very very slow starting the connection.
>
> cheers
>
> bruce

hi,

i use an Amiga 1200 with 68040/40 turbo board as a machine running
NetBSD on 68k -- logging in is (relatively) fast, most of the time
faster than ssh'ing a Darwin machine on the same LAN.

(i built the system with 040 optimization as one sees huge speedups on
sparc machines when optimizing the code; running unoptimized code sparcs
tend to react in an anemic way)

timo