Subject: Re: Unofficial macppc 2.1 ISO for old world machines
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=F6m=F6t=F6r_Guly=E1s?= <dog@dog4.dyndns.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/19/2005 10:28:06
Hello,

[booting the 2.1 CD on an S900]
> Can you elaborate on how you did it? In the last few days, I tried
> various flavours of linux, too, and none are working. There must be
> some magic trick I am missing :)

Straight from the book:
boot scsi-int/sd@3:,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC;1
This assumes the CDROM is on SCSI ID 3. You may or may not need the ;1 -
if it doesn't work with them try without.
Some factors that may or may not be relevant:
- I didn't change any *-BASE variables
- I have -current on the harddisk, the loader may have messed with
  *-BASE but if boots just fine with factory settings.
- my CDROM drive is a 24x Pioneer jumpered to 512 byte sectors ( I used
  it with a Sun workstation before, never bothered to change the jumper.
  No idea if that matters to OF )

So, my advice is - reset all the *-BASE variables to factory defaults
and then try to boot the CD ( do a reset-all after EACH failed attempt,
OF 1.0.5 is notoriously bad at cleaning up after itself, subsequent boot
commands will /always/ fail )

have fun
Michael