Subject: trouble booting netbsd 2.1 on dual cpu mac clone
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=F6m=F6t=F6r_Guly=E1s?= <dog@dog4.dyndns.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/18/2005 01:51:29
Hi,

I have a mac clone with umax tsunami mobo, and 2 604e processors on
it. I spent the better part of the last few days trying to install
netbsd on that machine, but I can't get OF to boot from neither the
CD nor the floppy. The OF version is 1.0.5.

Attempting to boot from floppy gives "READ TIMEOUT" errors, and after
"NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.10..." it gives a
default catch with code= FFF00700. The floppy was created with suntar
under OS 8.6.

I have also tried booting from a downloaded iso, burnt with disk
utility, but I can't get that any further than "CLAIM failed".

For all I know, I have set the real-base and load-base vars
correctly, and I am connected to that machine via a serial link.

I am out of ideas, any comments are appreciated.

TIA,

  - DoG