Subject: Problems with X
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student) <rtp6xc@umr.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/16/2005 11:15:55
I have been having problems with X ever since I installed 2.1. It worked
under 2.0.2 and 3-current, but not 2.1. Here is what is happening.

Xmacppc: works, but really slow.
XFree86: can't find a video driver
Xorg: can't find a keyboard module

I have an ATI XclaimVR which is recognized as a Rage 3d I/II which seems
to be correct. I have setup the ADB keyboard for Xorg, and I have also
installed a USB card to use a USB keyboard and mouse, but no luck. Xorg
also seems to freeze my keyboard input when it exits.

My machine is an OFW 1.0.5 Umax s900. I have built the Xorg from pkgsrc,
and tried to build Xfree86 from source but it failed.=20