Subject: Booting from CD on a 7300 powermac
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <heavenmeat-webstuff@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/09/2005 17:36:37
Gday Everyone,

I've been following the instructions on the netbsd
2.9.2 image.

I'm in open firmware 1.0.5 through the keyboard on a
7300 powermac, I've run the patched System Disk, I've
load base and real base set, I've burnt a number of
ISO cdroms...

1)
With a netBSD 1.5.2 multiboot disc I've burnt, in
trying
dir scsi-int/sd@3:0

It lists the first 16 files on the cd,

Now when trying
boot scsi-int/sd@3:0,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc
I get a
"unrecognised Client Program formatstate not valid"

Does this mean it cannot find the files as they are
further down the short list, or ??

2)
I've burnt some netbsd 2.0.2 ISOs, when I do the
dir scsi-int/sd@3:0

it prints a line of what looks like hex (about 12
figures) but is way to fast to tell what it is, and
then it just seems to print white space to the screen
for ever until I hit reset (ctrl cmd power)

3) as I've been typing the cd tray has been opening
and closing at random.

HM

Should I sit here burning coasters all night?