Subject: Re: kernel compile; make depend fails in current
To: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/24/2005 17:41:05
--tT3UgwmDxwvOMqfu

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 07:48:05PM +0200, Rudi Ludwig wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Hello all:
>=20
> I just cvs updated sys/src and installed a new /usr/sbin/config.
> After "config <file>" a "make depend" failes, as you can see below.

I'm not sure how to help, but the command is correct. genassym GENerates
ASsembly SYMbols, and is used to generate defines that indicate how far
into a struct assembly-language code should find parts of C structures. =20
That way if you shuffle C-language structures around, the asm code can
automatically keep up.

I'm not sure where it gets built by default these days, but go searching=20
for it.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Bill