Subject: kernel panic with multiprocessing kernel
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Kjell Konis <konis@stats.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/24/2005 11:37:16
Hi,

I have a PowerMac 9500 that has a 2 x 200MHz 604 daughter card in it
(that I am guessing came from a 9600/200MP).  I used the adjustkernel
utility to generate a kernel configuration file then added 'options
MULTIPROCESSOR' and commented out altivec support.  The kernel built
with no problems (sources came from cvs) but panics shortly after
booting up and sometimes even while booting up.  The last lines in
the console are:

mp_save_fpu_proc{1} pid = ##.#, fpcpu->ci_cpuid = 0
panic: mp_save_fpu_proc

where the ##.# is some number that's different each time.  It then
drops into a debugger.

The GENERIC single processor kernel seems to work fine.

Thanks for any help.

Kjell