Subject: Re: Porting NetBSD onto NuBus Power Macintoshes
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/19/2005 10:34:45
--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 09:31:24AM +0000, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> The other datapoint that might, or might not, help is that
> netbsd boots on nubus macs already.  The catch is that those
> are 68k ones :-(
>=20
> I know 0 about whether or not this is useful...

Unfortunately not. The problem is that the macppc kernels expect to have=20
an OF tree describing the hardware and also to be able to call into OF to=
=20
do some things.

The hierarchy we can fake up, and some of the non-netbsd booters already=20
provide it.=20

Fixing up places where we call into OF will be more work though.

Take care,

Bill

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD--