Subject: Re: 9600 won't boot without Firewire/USB combo PCI card? o_O
To: Jeff Walther <trag@io.com>
From: Francis Koclas <francis85@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/16/2005 13:28:28
Hi Jeff,

This is indeed the only card I have with a PCI-PCI bridge.

$ dmesg | grep -i ppb
ppb0 at pci1 dev 14 function 0: Action Tec Electronics, Inc. product
0x0100 (rev. 0x11)
pci2 at ppb0 bus 2

I made a new kernel with the following commented out :

pci* at ppb? bus ?
ppb* at pci? dev ? function ? # PCI-PCI bridges

Unfortunately, that did not change a thing.. nor did zapping the PRAM
3 times / removing the battery (which is new) / pressing the CUDA
button.

Francis