Subject: Porting NetBSD onto NuBus Power Macintoshes
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Roesner <troesner@mouse.Informatik.TU-Cottbus.DE>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/2005 00:04:38
Hallo,

I'm working on a Power Macintosh 6100 simulation with the goal
to model some new Operating System facilities. Due to the desired
ability to run applications for SVr4 and BSD systems and doing
tests with the applications to analyse the impact of an extended
kernel interface, I would like to port NetBSD to that
architecture. I own a Power Macintosh 6100 to test on a real
machine.

I know, that it is also neccessary, to port NetBSD onto PPC 601
and I am willing to do that, but it would take a while to get
results. Of course, there is MkLinux, but I prefer to boot the
system completely without the bogus Mac OS, instead of MkLinux
does. That's why the first step is to simulate the hardware.

Please, send me more information about existing efforts to port
NetBSD onto NuBus Power Macintoshes, e. g. contact persons.

Best Regards,
Thomas Roesner