Subject: Re: iMac G5 port
To: Andrew McPherson <a.mcpherson@paradise.net.nz>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/25/2005 02:29:16
According to the model support page, we don't support the G5 (neither the
970 nor 970FX). I don't know if anyone has actually tried to boot one
before. As for GCC 4.0, our source tree is in the process of being
cleaned up to work with GCC 4, The kernel may or may not compile currently
on GCC 4, as I don't think anyone here has tried it yet. Most of the const
char* transition has been done from what I've seen.

build.sh shouldn't need to be modified if you do a 32bit port to the
existing codebase, if you're talking about doing a 64 bit port, then
you're talking about building a whole new port in the tree as macppc64,
which would need approval from core or the powers-that-be on netbsd-ports.

build.sh should work in Darwin/Mac OS X. Getting everything into Xcode
would be a lot of work but it should be possible. Good luck.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.