Subject: Re: Help: booting official CD on powerbook G3 series
To: Dominic Williams <netbsd@dominicwilliams.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2005 01:39:19
At least for me, this works. I just built an ISO of 3.99.7 and put it up
at http://user.dtcc.edu/~ctribo/macppc.iso

To roll your own for OF 1.x and 2.x:

mkdir ~/burn
cp ofwboot.xcf ~/burn
cp binary/kernel/{netbsd.GENERIC_MD.gz,netbsd.INSTALL.gz} ~/burn
cp -R ../macppc ~/burn
mkisofs -l -J -r -R -o macppc.iso ~/burn
cdrecord -v driveropts=burnfree dev=/dev/rcd0c macppc.iso

ok > boot ide1/@0:0,OFWBOOT.XCF;1

snootchie bootchiez.

For those still reading, the old FireWire code has been trashed and the
actually working FreeBSD code was imported into -current over the weekend.
Its now enabled in generic* if someone wants to try it! Now to just get
machfb in there...

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.