Subject: atheros hal: which abi for netbsd/macppc?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/2005 17:29:58
I built a macppc kernel with the Atheros HAL today.  I ran it on my
400MHz G4 Powerbook.  When I plugged in an Atheros card that is known to
work on NetBSD/i386, ath(4) failed early during device attachment with
"ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3".

I wasn't expecting success to come so easy: Matt Thomas and others tell
me that we don't use EABI.  Please, someone tell me how the compilation
configuration file in
sys/contrib/arch/powerpc/athhal-powerpc-le-eabi.inc needs to be changed
to suit the ABI for NetBSD/powerpc.  I will ask Sam Leffler to build
that HAL.

Dave