Subject: Re: help with xfree on PPC9500/200
To: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/24/2005 17:25:44
Hey
Tomas D wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks all for your help and especially Michael. It seems like there's no way for me to use xfree
> without buying extra hardware which I'm not intend to do. I'm burying my hopes to get x working
> here ever, but that's not end of the world, this mac will continue serve me well as it was before
> thanks again and take care.  ...tom

this is very strange... I have switched my 9500 ot a Matrix, but I still
have the other card.
is yours a "apple mach64 113-32900-104 from 1995" (this written on the
prom). On the board I have 109-32900-10. Those were the oriignal ATI
cards for the 9500 series and I can't believe it doesn't work. You might
have little memory, so try running it at 800x600 for all your tests
(standard configuration won't go higher at 24 bit color and having
anything that is not 24 bit color can be tricky). The chip itself is a
Mach GX.

I could also swap in the card again and see if it works... It would need
reporgramming also the OF to get the console right, tricky stuff. I once
had two of these cards, unfortunatly I don't find the second anymore, I
believe I made a gift to someone. Otherwise I could have shipped it to
Michael.

cheers,

   Riccardo