Subject: Re: iBook G4 wrong cpu speed detection
To: Mathias Monnerville <mathias.monnerville@paris4.sorbonne.fr>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/24/2005 07:30:59
Chances are that is the power on CPU speed. We don't yet support CPU
frequency scaling or enough of the power and thermal management to
make it safe to kick the cpu up to full speed. There are patches that
enable thermal and fan speed monitoring against current but I
wouldn't expect them to make it into any of the release branches
anytime soon.