Subject: Re: help with xfree on PPC9500/200
To: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2005 17:26:18
On Saturday 21 May 2005 17:01, Tomas D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've upgraded my netbsd from 2.0 to 2.0.2 on my PPC9500/200 today
> (installed from the scratch with hope to get xfree working), however I was
> still unable to startx or xinit if you would take your time and take a look
> at my xserver config and log and advise me where to start from this point
> I'd much appreciate it.

(...)

> ofb0 at pci1 dev 14 function 0: ATI Technologies Mach64 GX
> ofb0: 640 x 480, 8bpp
> wsdisplay0 at ofb0 kbdmux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0

(...)

> # **********************************************************************
> # Graphics device section
> # **********************************************************************
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "ATI Mach64"
>     Driver      "ati"
>     BusID       "PCI:0:11:0"
> EndSection

(...)

Hi! I'm a newbie, so I don't know how to help you, but first are you sure your
card has this very address? It seems to me very strange that XFree can't find
the card if the address is right! Maybe you can try

XFree86 -configure
and startx with the newly created file. AFAICT you'll have to change the
keyboard lines to the ones you already have in your config file ("Option"
"Protocol" "wskbd" and so on...), but at least it can (I hope) show you the
real address of the card. I hope this is useful :)

> (II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "ATI Mach64".
> (EE) No devices detected.

> thanks
> Tomas

david