Subject: G3 beige (with OF 2.4 and XpostFacto and OpenDarwin ...)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gerard <gerard@azurline.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2005 22:48:05

I have many trouble trying to install NetBSD on a G3 beige (OF 2.4).
I have not a big experiences, but that go very well to install it on
a 7600/120!

I have tray to install OpenDarwin, and to do that, I use XpostFACTO
(http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/XPostFacto/) A little utility
that change the nvram values, and that lets install the news mac os
on oldworld machines.

May be some one can help me to found the exact command we have to
change in the nvram, on adapt the XPostFacto to install NetBSD in a
easy way on the old machine

regarding the interesting post of Fabrice Delambre (http://mail-
index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2003/06/05/0000.html) referred in the
NetBSD/macppc Model Support, it's speak about the "boot-command" 0
bootr ...
I look on the OF variables installed by XpostFaxto on the G3 : it's
have install : "boot-command 0 boort -v    boot"

waiting from yours informations`

sincerely

gerard