Subject: Re: Low speed cd burning on powerbook g4
To: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2005 13:03:16
=10I don't think it's a driver option. Just an option. So something like

cdrecord -v dev=3D15,0,0 speed=3D24 forcespeed driveropts=3Dburnfree =20
burnme.iso

If that doesn't work, maybe reading the man page, compiling the =20
latest cdrecord from -current pkgsrc or the netbsd-users list could =20
be of more help. I really think it's that cdrecord is playing it safe =20=

by not burning unknown media types at maximum drive speed. (Which is =20
good because as the man page says, if you spin a disk to faster than =20
it's rated speed the disk can explode taking out the drive, and =20
possibly your motherboard in a laptop.)