Subject: snapper and ki2c
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2005 12:05:18
--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

Hi,

I was trying to get the sound working on my ibook, and enabled the snapper
device in the kernel config.
The build failed, with some errors:

   snapper.o(.text+0x1170): In function `tas3004_write':
   : undefined reference to `ki2c_write'
   snapper.o(.text+0x18e4): In function `snapper_init':
   : undefined reference to `ki2c_writereg'

While searching for a solution, i noticed:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/09/12/0005.html
Where someone had the same problem, but no solution in this thread.
No solutions on the web, so i looked more carefully at the errors and the c=
ode,
and the solution was obvious: just enable=20
ki2c* at obio?      # Keywest I2C
since snapper needs it.

Shouldn't the doc mention this, or better, a comment in the GENERIC config ?

regards,
antoine

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--