Subject: Re: MYLEX DAC920P
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2005 20:17:19
First let me fix my typo: its a MYLEX DAC960P of course :)

Yes the ANS 700 is a mix between mac hardware and RS/6000 which runs a
customized version of IBM's AIX.
But still hope is there that it could work because the OpenFirmware tools for
the Mylex RAID Controller starts, they just tell me that the controller is
not found. But this is okay since there is no OF node without OF in Flash,l
think.

I dont have information and knowledge about the ANS, and I dont own one.
But the ANS 700 has like my PM7300 some 604e(i got a G3) and Apple
OpenFirmware.

I'd like to try it but I dont have a rom image for the RAID Controller, thats
what i am asking here for or for some good advice which hardware I should get
instead :/

Regards
Andreas

--