Subject: MYLEX DAC920P
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2005 19:03:45
Hallo,

This mail is about a SCSI RAID Controller named MYLEX DAC920P.
I read that this is the controller that was shipped with the Apple Network
Server 700 and so had an OpenFirmware BIOS which procuced a OpenFirmware
node, which finally results in a fully OpenFirmware aware (means bootable)
SCSI/RAID controller.

link: http://kelvin.macvaerk.dtu.dk/ans/

I have such a controller that works in an X86 with the latest X86 BIOS. Now my
question: is it possible to flash this controller with the Apple Firmware
V2.44 that was shipped with the ANS 700?

I have all the OpenFirmware config/diag and flashtools but I cant find the ROM
Image.

If it not works, what kind of equivalent PCI SCSI and/or RAID Controller works
well with NetBSD in a PM7300?

Regards
Andreas

--