Subject: Re: Low speed cd burning on powerbook g4
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@ininito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2005 19:46:50
On Sunday 08 May 2005 19:41, Chris Tribo wrote:
> What does cdrecord -atip dev=/dev/rcd0c say about the media?

ATIP info from disk:
  Indicated writing power: 5
  Is not unrestricted
  Is not erasable
  Disk sub type: Medium Type B, low Beta category (B-) (4)
  ATIP start of lead in:  -12369 (97:17/06)
  ATIP start of lead out: 359849 (79:59/74)
Disk type:    Short strategy type (Phthalocyanine or similar)
Manuf. index: 69
Manufacturer: Moser Baer India Limited
Manufacturer is guessed because of the orange forum embargo.
The orange forum likes to get money for recent information.
The information for this media may not be correct.
I can't see anything about speed...

> Are you using a CD-RW or some type of CAV media? Those are typically 10X
> at a maximum.

It's a 48x 700MB imation cd-r

> Are you enabling burnfree/BurnProof(TM)/JustLink(TM)?

No, I always forget to do that, but sometimes I have tried and it's not
changed...

david