Subject: Re: modifier key remap can be improved?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/05/2005 22:44:56
Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu> writes:

> /usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/conf/GENERIC
>
> # Optional Mac keyboard tweaks
> # Tweak the keyboard driver to treat the caps lock key on an ADB
> # keyboard as a control key; requires special remapping because of
> # ADB's strange emulation of a mechanically-locked key.
> #options        CAPS_IS_CONTROL

This doesn't work perfectly.  Sometimes the control key gets stuck, so
the next C you type comes out as Ctrl+C, which might cause accidents.
Hitting caps lock again unsticks it (but there is no indication before
the fact).  I had the same problem with uControl under Mac OS X.

But if Tiger can do this properly, so can NetBSD.  I have been meaning
to debug this option, but I haven't gotten around to do it...

Magnus