Subject: Re: iBook G4 USB mass storage: disk not configured
To: NetBSD macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/04/2005 13:36:52
Some USB storage devices use ATAPI over bulk, not SCSI over bulk. No
idea why, as these devices are typically non-bootable except on the
very latest i915/i925 chipsets. Not sure if OF can grok them.

For instance:

ehci0: handing over full speed device on port 2 to uhci0
uhub4: port 2, device disappeared after reset
umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Pointchips Flash, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
umass0: using ATAPI over Bulk-Only
atapibus1 at umass0: 2 targets
sd0 at atapibus1 drive 0: <, , 1.06> disk removable
sd0: fabricating a geometry
sd0: 16256 KB, 15 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 32512 sectors