Subject: Re: iBook G4 USB mass storage: disk not configured
To: Mathias Monnerville <mathias.monnerville@paris4.sorbonne.fr>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/04/2005 19:12:22
Hello Mathias,

On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:55:12 +0200
Mathias Monnerville <mathias.monnerville@paris4.sorbonne.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am tring to get my USB 1 SD card reader working. I can not access
> the  device because the kernel seems not to know what kind of driver
> it should use.

In addition to what Lennart wrote, I checked my kernel config file and
for some reason found that I uncommented atapi at umass. If you don't
need it maybe it helps because then there is only one choice for that
device, to attach to SCSI.
I suppose the card should than behave no different than a USB-stick (?).
If you have no other SCSI hardware it should then come up as /dev/sd0(a)

umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?     # USB
MassStorage
# atapibus* at umass?
scsibus* at umass? channel ?

/Rudi